Information for Fall 2009 programs
Welcome to the Educator's Area.
From this page teachers will find useful Internet2 resources.
- Join Muse: Join the interactive I2 K20 community by creating an account to seek collaborative opportunities. This comprehensive K20 database contains people, projects and resources that are connected with the use of Internet2 applications in teaching and learning environment.
- Center for Interactive Learning and Collaboration (CILC) Web Site: This site is a gateway for videoconferencing services and content providers. It also links teachers to do collaborative teaching and learning projects with other teachers.
- CILC Content Providers (pdf list)
- Spreadsheet of Content Partners. These resources have been used by Kentucky schools for interactive video conferences during 2008-2009. Content provider, description, website, costs and contact information is included.
- MAGPI K20 Programs: This site lists K12, postsecondary, and professional development programs MAGPI has developed for its members. Some of these are open to non-MAGPI members.
- Southern Skies: This site is a collaboration between the University of Louisville, the University of Southern Queensland, and Northern Kentucky University to develop remotely and robotically operated astronomical facilities for educational outreach, teaching, and research. Telescopes in the southern and northern hemispheres, with a longitude difference that enables students to observe the night sky in daytime classes, are linked by Internet2 to campuses in Louisville, Kentucky, and Toowoomba, Queensland.
- BIG BLUE: Inflatable Wings: This is a workforce development project at the University of Kentucky. This unique multi-university, multidisciplinary project provides students with opportunities to learn about and to prepare for aerospace engineering careers.